Welcome to Vendée Holiday Cottages
We have a great selection of properties to rent here in the Vendée, many with owners living on site to offer that extra special service & with lots of local knowledge and all the best tips of where to visit and which restaurant to choose!
Whether you are looking for a countryside gite, a beachside villa, a large family holiday home in a pretty village, or somewhere close to the Puy du Fou Park, we can provide the ideal location for your special holiday. We have lots to choose from.
All homes offer Wi-Fi and outside space, and lots have swimming pools and gardens. All are child friendly and many are dog friendly.
We are now able to accept credit cards as a method of payment.
Click on the Image below to see the Properties available at Vendée Holiday Cottages
Have you visited the Vendée before? If not, here are 6 good reasons to visit the Vendée:
Amazing beaches of the Vendée
Le Grand Parc du Puy du Fou
Not your usual theme park - just fantastic family fun!
Fief Vendéen Wine Route
Nature Lovers Paradise
Dining out in the Vendée
Adventure Parks in the Vendée
2021 Coronavirus Information
- First Wave of COVID 2020: When the lockdown/confinement was in place in France and the UK we moved many reservations from Spring/Summer 2020 to Spring/Summer 2021 - all at no cost to the holiday maker.
- Second Wave of COVID: The UK reinstated its 14 day quarantine period for travellers returning to the UK - this was reduced this to 5 days if you pay for a private Covid Test upon your return.
- Third Wave of COVID 2021: The UK was in lockdown until April, and France entered a 4 week lockdown period for te whole of April, with a plan to start a phased re-opening of restaurant terraces and outdoor venues and attractions by mid-May.
- The FCO is still advising against all but essential travel to France. This means that we are currently able to accept new bookings from the UK for later in 2021 or beyond, but not for holidays in the near future. The UK Government has said that international travel will not resume until the 17th May at the earliest and it will introduce a traffic light system for travel with different requirements for each colour. I will update this page once more details are known.
- 2021 - Travel from the UK to France: The UK is currently not on the list of countries that are permitted to enter the Schengen Area, so only emergency travel and workers are allowed to enter (With a valid Covid PCR Test).
OUR COVID CANCELLATION POLICY
If you have already booked a summer holiday with Vendée Holiday Cottages and will be travelling from the UK, it is possibly too early to make any decisions yet as we do not know when travel will be opened up to France - Mid-May is the earliest date for International Travel.
This is being reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Here is the policy that we are using for guests who have a current booking with us:
• If travel is permitted, then your booking should go ahead as planned.
• If you decide not to travel (when travel is permitted), then our normal terms and conditions will apply and we can open your dates up to others, but we will only be able to refund your deposit if we are able to rebook your dates.
• If travel is not permitted from the UK, but France has no restrictions, then we can either move your holiday to a future date, issue a voucher to the value of your deposit to be used for a future holiday with Vendée Holiday Cottages or open the dates to local guests and refund your deposit once it is re-booked.
• If France has a lockdown situation, then we can move your holiday to a future date, issue a voucher to the value of your deposit or offer a refund if the French Government sanctions this.
• If you have booked for 2021, but would feel more comfortable moving to 2022, then we can also move your holiday to 2022 now and open up the 2021 dates for local travellers. We have opened our calendars for 2022 early as we realise that many guests will feel happier moving to next year when travel should be back to ‘normal’.
We are also advising all guests to take out an insurance policy that will cover against cancellation, medical and transport problems. As a business, we cannot become your insurance policy and you need to take some responsibility for booking a foreign holiday during an ongoing pandemic.
If you are based in France and book a holiday with us, then we will respect the local laws with regards to lockdowns and any regional restrictions that may be in place. We can offer to move your holiday to a future date, issue a voucher or if we are all in a lockdown situation, then offer a refund.
We would like to assure all of our guests that all of the properties on this website will be following a more rigorous cleaning protocol this year and details will be available in your holiday cottage.
Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Why should you Book Direct with Vendée Holiday Cottages?
You will have direct contact with us before, during and after your holiday.
We are on hand during your stay, if the owners do not live on site.
You will pay no Commissions or Booking Fees.
We guarantee you the best prices when booking direct.
You can pay using your Credit Card - using our secure on-line payment facility backed by Stripe.
If you would like to find your holiday home on a map of the Vendée - Click Here…
Look at all of the amazing activities that you can do whilst on holiday in the Vendée…..