Welcome to Vendée Holiday Cottages
We have a great selection of properties to rent here in the Vendée, many with owners living on site to offer that extra special service & with lots of local knowledge and all the best tips of where to visit and which restaurant to choose!
Whether you are looking for a countryside gite, a beachside villa, a large family holiday home in a pretty village, or somewhere close to the Puy du Fou Park, we can provide the ideal location for your special holiday. We have lots to choose from.
All homes offer Wi-Fi and outside space, and lots have swimming pools and gardens. All are child friendly and many are dog friendly.
We are now able to accept credit cards as a method of payment.
Click on the Image below to see the Properties available at Vendée Holiday Cottages
Have you visited the Vendée before? If not, here are 6 good reasons to visit the Vendée:
Amazing beaches of the Vendée
Le Grand Parc du Puy du Fou
Not your usual theme park - just fantastic family fun!
Fief Vendéen Wine Route
Nature Lovers Paradise
Dining out in the Vendée
Adventure Parks in the Vendée
2021 Coronavirus Information
- First Wave of COVID: When the lockdown/confinement was in place in France and the UK we moved many reservations from Spring/Summer 2020 to Spring/Summer 2021 - all at no cost to the holiday maker.
- Second Wave of COVID: The UK reinstated its 14 day quarantine period for travellers returning to the UK - this was reduced this to 5 days if you pay for a private Covid Test upon your return.
- The FCO is still advising against all but essential travel to France. This means that we are currently unable to accept new bookings from the UK until this situation changes for the better.
- France has come out of a second lockdown, but has introduced a curfew (18h00 - 06h00) and has limited gatherings to only 6 adults, plus children over the holidays.
- People from some other parts of Europe are permitted to travel - depending upon their country of residence, but it is advised to keep an eye on the situation as it is changing on a regular basis.
- 2021 - Travel from the UK to France: The UK is currently not on the 'exempt list' of countries that are permitted to enter the Schengen Area, so only emergency travel and workers are allowed to enter (With a valid Covid PCR Test).
- If you currently have a reservation with us for Spring/Summer 2021, then we will be in touch at the beginning of 2021 with regards to making your deposit payment (if you are a returning guest). Final payments will be made 8 weeks prior to the holiday as usual - but we are monitoring the situation if travel restrictions are being imposed again.
- If you have found a holiday property on this site and wish to make a reservation, we are happy to take reservations from the UK for 2021 - we are optimistic that travel will be permitted.
- If you are looking now for a holiday in 2021 - don't leave it too late to decide as we have already moved lots of holidays from 2020 to 2021 for guests, so weeks are starting to fill up quickly!
- If you have booked with us for 2021, but would prefer to move your holiday to 2022, please contact us for more details.
We would like to assure all of our guests that all of the properties on this website will be following a more rigorous cleaning protocol this year and details will be available in your holiday cottage.
Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Why should you Book Direct with Vendée Holiday Cottages?
You will have direct contact with us before, during and after your holiday.
We are on hand during your stay, if the owners do not live on site.
You will pay no Commissions or Booking Fees.
We guarantee you the best prices when booking direct.
You can pay using your Credit Card - using our secure on-line payment facility backed by Stripe.
If you would like to find your holiday home on a map of the Vendée - Click Here…
Look at all of the amazing activities that you can do whilst on holiday in the Vendée…..