Pour traduire ce site, choisissez votre langue dans le menu déroulant…
- 4 bedroom house
- 4.5m x 5.5m above ground pool
- Private Garden & Terrace
- 15km from the beach at La Faute sur Mer
- Family Friendly
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- 75km from the Puy du Fou
- Dogs Welcome
Lapwing House, Lairoux in the Vendée
The house has four bedrooms - a twin bedroom on the ground floor, a double bedroom on the mezzanine and two further bedrooms (large double and twin) on the first floor. The house bathroom is on the ground floor, with a separate WC in the hallway and the shower room is upstairs.
A great feature with this house is the large conservatory - used as a games room - with table tennis, air hockey and a selection of other toys.
Outside, there is a securely fenced off large garden with views over the local wetlands. The garden is laid mainly to lawns, with several mature fruit trees (figs, peach, plum, apple & walnut) and guests are welcome to eat the fruit as they ripen in the summer. The 5.5m x 4.5m above ground pool is located near to the large sun terrace and this is open from May until the end of September.
- Washing Machine
- Kettle, toaster, coffee maker
- Electric Oven and gas hob
- TV with UK channels
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Cot, Highchair, stair gate
- All Bed linens provided
- Hand, bath and tea towels are provided
- Some Pets accepted
- Open All Year
- Swimming pool
- Table tennis, air hockey & toys
Lairoux and the Southern Vendée
There is a wide selection of activities all within 30 minutes of the house; such as The O'Fun Adventure Park, The Chateau des Aventuriers and the tropical gardens at St Cyr en Talmondais.
Further afield is the amazing Puy du Fou Theme Park - with its Gladiators, Vikings, Musketeers, Medieval Knights and Bird of Prey show. Not to be missed!
La Rochelle and the Ile de Ré are both popular tourist attractions, as is the Marais Poitevin network of canals and ruined abbeys.
For more information about the Vendée, click on this link.
Bed Linens, Towels (Bath, Hand & Tea Towels), Internet Access, Winter Heating, Electricity. Water, Full use of House, Gardens & Pool
Pool is open from May until the end of September.
Please bring your own pool and beach towels.
- Use this calendar to reserve your holiday.
- Check the availability on the calendar below.
Green = Available
Green & Underlined = Possible Start Date
Red / Orange = Booked/Unavailable
- Click on the start date for your holiday
- Then follow the instructions on the pages that follow and complete your booking form.
- This will be sent to Vendée Holiday Cottages, you will receive an automatic reply, and then we will confirm back to you with payment details.
- Please ensure that you read all of our booking terms & conditions before completing your reservation.
We’ve had a great two weeks at Lapwing House. The house is very spacious and well equipped and the kids have enjoyed the pool, garden and the games (as have the Dads!) We’ve picked fresh apples, plums, grapes and many, many figs each day.
Recommendations for trips out:
- Chateau des Aventuriers – excellent pirate treasure hunt in lovely grounds.
- Parc de Pierre Brun – very reasonably priced play park with many slides, inflatables, trampolines and fairground rides.
- Indian Forest – we just went in the ‘Fun Zone’ as our kids are quite young and this was good fun (take swimming things as the inflatable slides have water sprays), but the rope courses and water slides were great to watch.
- La Tranche sur Mer beach – stays shallow for a very long way out so great for kids.
Thanks for having us!
The Boxall Family, Crowborough. July 2016
This house has been a wonderful base for our holiday in the Vendée. We have thoroughly enjoyed such a spacious home with fantastic garden. We’ve fed the hedgehogs bread and jam each evening - 2 or 3 came out including a baby one!
Yesterday we enjoyed a terrific concert at Luçon cathedral - which was free! The park/gardens in Luçon are lovely. Just the other side of St Denis is a bird hide with 2 volunteers that speak perfect English and know the names of birds I’d never even heard of - closes at 12.30 ’till 3 though, but well worth a visit.
The highlight of our week was hiring bikes on the Ile de Ré and cycling on open tracks through stunning villages, and having a beautiful meal in St Martin.
We enjoyed the market in Aiguillon on Tuesday morning & tried some beaches - La Faute sur Mer is great and is the closest.
Oh - we also really enjoyed the supermarket in Luçon - Intermarché. Not too big and fascinating deli! (How sad are we!). Bakery in La Bretonniere excellent - closed on Tuesday. We never saw the bakers van.
Thank you for an excellent holiday.
The Hawken Family, St. Albans. August 2016
We’ve had a great week in this lovely, spacious house! The children have enjoyed the pool & table tennis and watching some of the olympics in the evenings.
We really enjoyed Les Conches beach (just past La Tranche sur Mer). Park in the car park or nearby pine forest and walk to the beach. Toilets & café for ice creams. Also La Griere beach just before La Tranche, but no loos on beach.
Had a superb meal at La Viviere Pizzeria in Mareuil-sur-Lay (just out of Lairoux). Opens around 7pm & very friendly. A visit to La Rochelle is well worth it and also the Ile de Ré - beautiful island - sandy beaches to south & picturesque St Martins (just like Cornwall - narrow cobbled streets and shops), to the north.
Good market at Aiguillon sur Mer (Friday) - clothes , leather, crafts & food.
Fab holiday - thanks so much!